Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Sewing Basket


I had been using the same wicker basket for my sewing supplies for the last 18 years or so.  It had definitely seen better days.  I had looked longingly for a new one and I saw this one on sale at Cath Kidston.

The savings on the basket just about covered the additional cost of posting it internationally, so I didn't feel too bad about the expense.  I would dearly love to order more from Cath Kidston, but their postage rates are on the high side.

The box was delivered to our door and I couldn't wait to open it.  I am delighted with my purchase and its pretty rose design.  I had intended ordering a pretty red sewing basket in the January sale, but by the time I went online to do so, the baskets were sold out.


If I get another 18 years out of this one, it will have justified the expense!  It is also far prettier than my old basket and brings a smile to my face whenever I see it.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

This basket is sooo, sooo PRETTY, Marie! I love Cath Kidston anything! I've always wanted to order, but like you say, their international postage rates are just too high. When we get to London I sometimes treat myself to a little something from one of the CK shops--great fun! Hope you basket lasts you many, many happy years of sewing & crafting! Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

tea time and roses said...

Hello Marie,

How beautiful this is and with roses too! :) It is sweet things like this that make sewing or knitting even more special.

Enjoy your beautiful new sewing basket!

Smiles♥

Beverly

Heidi's Garden said...

Ooohhh how pretty! I got a Cath Kidston catalog once but indeed her things are not cheap. But they are so beautiful and spoiling yourself for a needed sewing basket is perfect. You will appreciate its beauty each time you do even the smallest and mundane of sewing duties. Enjoy it!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

P.S. - You will have to use a new email to open a new blog with complete new memory. I find it fun restarting and the email addresses at Gmail are free anyway. Another positive is that I get no spam in Gmail like I do on Yahoo. I use my Yahoo now for my group mail and private mail. It is working very well so far.