Sunday, 8 July 2012

Red Sands


Prince Edward Island is known for its red sand beaches and cliffs.  During our day on the Island, we visited the north shore; an area called North Rustico and we strolled on the beach and paddled in the sea.  This shore is on the Gulf of the St Lawrence.

The warm waters were inviting and it was a delight to feel the sand beneath my feet.


We walked right along the shore, which we had largely to ourselves, as most people were sunbathing further up the beach.

It was a lovely conclusion to our day on the Island before we headed back to the ferry bound for Nova Scotia.  Although our time here was limited, it did inspire dreams of future visits....

3 comments:

Tracy said...

That red sand is very special... wonderful to see! Beautiful images, Marie... No doubt you'll be going back! Happy Week, my friend ((HUGS))

tea time and roses said...

Sounds beautiful Marie! I love the ocean, one of my favorite places to visit.

I can tell you truly enjoyed your time there. :) Enjoy a lovely week my friend.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Rosie said...

I've really enjoyed your last three posts about your visit to Prince Edward Island. The skies were so blue, the buildings in Charlottetown are lovely and the red sand beaches stunning. Thanks for sharing your visit with us:)