Sunday, 22 July 2012

Christmas In July


I know that it may seem a strange title for a post, but there is a very good reason.  Fot the past couple of years, I have had these good intentions of starting my Christmas gifts early to enable me to be both creative and to make more personal gifts for my loved ones.  Those plans were thwarted due to work and other commitments, so once again this year, my thoughts have turned to Christmas in July.

Although I have not started creating gifts to give, I did acheive one goal, which was to find a frame and mount for a much-treasured Christmas card.  I received this card a number of years ago and it is of a snowy York Minster, which is the largest gothic Cathedral in Northern Europe.  York also happens to be one of my favourite places to visit.

The card was sent to us by some very dear friends and I had intended to get it framed ever since receiving it.  Finally, it is done and I'm very happy with the results.  This was another frame bargain and I mounted and framed it myself.

As for the Christmas planning, I am busy thinking about it and I hope to order some supplies and make a start before the end of the month. 


2 comments:

Tracy said...

VERY PRETTY! The red and white surrounding the image is wonderful! Like you, I've been thinking Christmas... but apart from some list-making, I've not made much progress...I just can't really begin Christmas in July... LOL! Happy week, my friend ((HUGS))

VintagePretty said...

Ahh, this post instantly brought to mind Sufjan Stevens' own song Christmas in July, which is a staple in the VP Christmas household!

I have been to York Minster many times - it is indeed pretty (and very photogenic) and has lots of character.

Well done on your preparations for Christmas this early on - I have been having stray thoughts about it here and there (my mind says "Christmas lights!" and "make a cake!" and "present lists") but as it is currently a balmy 28ºC outside, I cannot contemplate actually doing any of it right now. Particularly as I am currently having to begin the very tedious reading list for next year (by tedious I mean translating Chaucer in the original :-/ ).

Have a nice week Marie!