Sunday, 15 July 2012

Beauty Is A Rose


This month has seen some beautiful roses in our garden.  Winchester Cathedral is a David Austin rose which we planted a few weeks ago.  It has a lovely old rose scent ~ an essential for any rose as far as I'm concerned.  I have no interest in buying roses without scent as the first thing I want to do when I see a rose is stick my nose in them!T


The buds are tinged pink at the edges, but the flowers are pure white.


I have cut a couple and taken them indoors so that I can admire them when I'm not in the garden.

2 comments:

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oh how pretty.
I do love roses, I agree whenever I see roses I always stick my nose in them! *giggle*
love
Alison
x

Heidi's Garden said...

Hi Marie! It has been some time since I visited. It looks like your new garden is blooming prettily.

Isn't it disappointing when you go to smell a rose and there is no scent? Your roses are very pretty.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi