Saturday, 21 April 2012

Ten Days To D-Day


This is the chaos of our living/dining room.  With only ten days to go, there is still much to be done, because we are moving house.  I know it is hard to believe that anyone would want to put themselves through the stress of this again, but after spending a winter in this house, we can't wait to go.  The house is cold and very expensive to heat and the worst of it is that within minutes of the heat going off, the house is cold again!


I found a place online and it is a cosy modern house with good insulation.  We have waited ten weeks for it to become available and our moving date is 1st May.  The bookshelves are empty (aside from my birthday cards ~ an event that is a blur in the flurry of activity) and this weekend is going to be busy with packing. 

I know that I have not been a good blogger of late and I've rarely found the time to sit down and visit my loyal followers.  I hope that this situation will improve once our move is completed and the dust finally settles.  I'm looking forward to a large garden with huge potential and the opportunity to share lots of photos in future posts.

3 comments:

Isobel said...

Oh I can understand the stress of a move is, Marie. I hope it all goes well and to see lots of pictures of your new place.
xx

Tracy said...

Hi, Marie! You've had so much happening in recent months, and really since you moved to Nova Scotia... I hope very much this new move, to a new, more comfortable house will improve things for you. And that you will at last be able to put down a few roots in this place you've long wanted to be. Hope the move goes well! We'll just be getting back from a trip as you are moving. But we to catch up with you soon! The prospect of your new garden sounds wonderful...look forward to seeing/hearing more! So many LOVELY birthday cards. I spy one the looks familiar...;o) Happy Days, my friend...Wishing you all the best, always ((LOVE & HUGS))

tea time and roses said...

Hello Marie,

You should be all moved in by now and feeling a whole lot warmer.:) Nothing wonderful about a home that will not stay warm! Congratulations on your new home.

Speaking of blogging, I am certainly looking forward to getting back to blogging and visiting regularly. I have been one busy little bee with home and my little Etsy shop.:)

Thank you for stopping by to say hello. We've been blogging buddies for a while now♥ By the way, I too love your Birthday cards.

Happy week to you dear Marie. Enjoy your new and much warmer home.:)

Smiles♥

Beverly