Monday, 9 May 2011

Cable Cushion


I started this knitting project last October after I purchased this gorgeous Sulka yarn, which is a mixture of Merino wook, alpaca and silk.  I grossly underestimate the quantity required, as I did not have a detailed pattern, but a rough guide found on Mia's Country.

It was the first time that I had attempted cabling without a pattern and I thought that it came out rather well. 


The knitting ground to a halt once I got part-way up the back of the cushion cover because I didn't have any buttons. It took me months before I found any that I liked.

I finally tracked some down on eBay ~ beautiful rosewood buttons made in Italy ~ and they were definitely worth the wait. This weekend, I was able to complete knitting the back of the cushion cover and stitch it together.

I have to say that I'm very pleased with the results and I love my new cable cushion.