Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Rainforest

For as long as I have lived in Canada, I have wanted to see the Rainforest.  Although I did not achieve my goal of a trip to Vancouver Island on this visit (it was too far away for a day trip); I did experience the Rainforest during my trip to the Capilano Suspension Bridge.


This was my main reason for going to the bridge.  I read the tourist information and saw that there was a treetop walk, which they described as a squirrel's-eye view of the Rainforest.  Narrow bridges are suspended through the trees and they are accessed from a tree-house.

This was more than a walk in the woods.  It was a rare chance to wander amongst ancient trees and to admire the sheer size of some of them.  The canopy towered high above the ground and I wandered between them listening to the sounds of the forest.  The peace and tranquility of the setting was a refreshing change from what had been a stressful few weeks.


The trunk of the Western Red Cedar is really red.  On a dull morning, this photo did not do it justice.


After arriving early, I had the most of the walk to myself.  I wandered between the trees and admired the dappled shade of the forest floor.


Of the tourist attractions that I visited during my brief trip, this was the one that left a lasting impression.  If you ever find yourself in Vancouver, I would highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Those majestic trees... just seeing them makes the heart sing! I'm a tree-hugger, so I would love that place! ;o) Thanks for taking us there, Marie. Have so much been enjoying your views from your Vancouver trip. Hope you may get to go back and explore more. Happy Days, my friend ((LOVE & HUGS))