Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Queen of Scales


I made a promise to myself last year when I was going through a tough time in my midwifery clerkship, that I would buy myself a present with my first pay cheque.  I had wanted to buy some new kitchen scales for a long time, as my old ones were too small.  I found that if I wanted to weigh larger quantities of ingredients, even though I had the weights to do so, the pan of the scale was not big enough to accommodate and I invariably ended up with flour all over the place.

After doing my research, I had determined that the scale I wanted was the Weylux Queen, which has been highly recommended in numerous reviews.  Sadly, it was not available here and I was concerned that the cost of shipping would be prohibitive, but I was fortunate to find the scales on sale and there was an extra discount on the weekend that I placed my order.  I can honestly say that I have not been disappointed with my choice ~ I love my new kitchen scales and they are a delight to use.  Not only that, but they look good too!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

WOW...it's lovely, Marie! I love those old-fashioned scales. Don't think you can even get anything like those here now. Everything's digital! What a great treat...good for you. :o) Happy Day ((LOVE & HUGS))

Louise said...

I'd love some scales like this, and may well look into buying some. They remind me of the scales my Mum used to use. x