Saturday, 26 November 2011

Anyone For Tea?


Afternoon tea is one tradition that I would like to revive if I had the time to sit down in the afternoon and enjoy it.  Even as an occasional treat, I believe that there is little better than freshly baked scones.


On a foray into Halifax a month or so ago, my husband discovered clotted cream.  In all the years that I've lived in Canada, I had never seen real English Clotted Cream. 


In combination with his favourite Bonne Maman Strawberry Jam, these didn't last long! 

4 comments:

This Horsey Life said...

Oh what a wonderful treat

Rosie said...

Those scones look delicious - just the thing for afternoon tea:)

Tracy said...

Oh, yes...please save me a cuppa & a a scone, Marie! So wonderful there's a place where you can go and get all those treats! Wish a place like that here, as we LOVE English treats like these. :o) ((HUGS))

Louise said...

On any short break I have to find a place to stop for a cream tea! I like the ratio of 75% clotted cream to 25% jam! Yours look delicious! x