Monday, 17 October 2011

From Coast To Coast


Apologies for the picture quality, but these were taken through the window of the airport lounge in Calgary, on my iPhone.  The big adventure began early on Wednesday morning, when I boarded a flight to Vancouver, with a brief stop in Calgary.  This was my first trip out west and I was most impressed by the snow-capped mountain backdrop behind the city skyline.


We were actually only on the ground for a few minutes, but it did give me an opportunity to get out and stretch my legs after the long flight from Halifax.  It was hard to believe, but I was going to see both the east and the west coasts in the same day: only after making such a journey did I have a real perspective of just how vast Canada is and how varied is the scenery.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

GORGEOUS views from the airport... Look at those majestic mountains! I love how you saw east and west in one day... Though you might have had a bit of jet lag afterwards for it... LOL! Glad to see you back here and posting. Hope all went great with your exam! I'm slow to writing this week--busy days... ((LOVE & HUGS))