Wednesday, 6 July 2011

A Place Called Home

Hello!  It is good to be back and I have so much to tell you that I hardly know where to start.  When I started this blog in October of 2007, I wrote this post.  It explained the reason why I had chosen to call my blog Dreaming of Wild Roses: my dream was to live by the ocean where the wild roses bloom.

It has been quite a journey in more ways than one.  Five years since our last visit to Nova Scotia, where we hoped to one day put down roots and feel that we had come home.  But how to make this dream a reality? 

Only in our wildest dreams could we let ourselves believe that we would find a way and be able to make that move.  Until one day, I picked up the phone and was told that I had an interview for a job in Nova Scotia.

Then we began another long journey.  One that saw us drive more than 2,000 km through four provinces: Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, to reach our destination.  The journey was indeed long, taking 21 hours by car.

I had my interview last week and I got the job!  We had only four days to find a place to live and then a small respite of three days to enjoy a visit to Cape Breton before we began the long drive back to Ontario on Monday. 

We finally arrived yesterday afternoon, having driven through the night, filled with mixed feelings about our return.  It seemed such a pointless exercise in one way, but we had to go back to pack up our belongings and organise a move.  Today, the work begins in earnest.  We don't know the date of our move yet, but we have until the end of the month to get out of here.

It seems that we are going to be living that dream after all.  I am so excited!  There is lots to do and it is going to be a busy few weeks, but it will be such an adventure!

7 comments:

VintagePretty said...

I absolutely knew it would eventually happen for you Marie! Congratulations on not only the job but the move to the place you've always dreamed of ending up!

It sounds lovely - I did have to google Nova Scotia to see exactly where it is (and I understand how it would be a verryyy long drive) but I am so glad it has all worked out for you.

I am a huge believer in fate, even when things happen which seem immediately bad. They usually mean another door opens. :)

Good luck for packing and move, keep us updated!

Gingham and Flowers said...

Congratulations Marie! That's such great news for you. Really pleased for you that you're finally going to be living your dream. Good luck with the move. Our move of just 15 miles next week seems like a breeze compared to moving 2000km! Hope it all goes well and I will look forward to reading about your new life. Fiona x

Tracy said...

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS, Marie! I am so thrilled for you that your dream is at last coming true! So happy you have now found new job and home to move to--and to your dream place! You've worked so hard to get to this moment. You deserve all happiness and joy! Hoping all goes well with the move soon. Keep us posted! :o) ((LOVE & HUGS))

Rosie said...

Warm congratulations, Marie - on your new job and also your move to a place you have dreamed of. Hope all goes well in maing that dream a reality:)

Heidi said...

Oh Marie! I am soooo thrilled for you both! What a wonderful thing to have a dream come true. I think that the way things have been dragging were setting you up for what was to come. A big congratulations and I am looking forward to you showing us your new home when you are settled in.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Priscilla said...

congratulations!! where you are moving sounds lovely I cant wait to see whhere you move too and come with you on your new adventure! xx

Louise said...

Lovely to catch up on your news Marie. You certainly don't do things in halves! Wishing you all the luck, and happiness for your future move to the area of your dreams. x