Monday, 2 May 2011

Luscious Lemon Meringue

I've always loved lemon meringue pie and as I got a large bag of lemons which were on sale during Easter weekend, I decided to make one.  I used the recipe from The Gentle Art of Domesticity, which is made using a biscuit base, so no fiddly pastry.

The filling was a touch on the runny size, but that had to do with the fact that condensed milk does not come in the right size of can here, so I used a little less (I think that I should have cut down on the lemon juice to compensate).

Fortunately, I didn't walk away and leave the oven on the timer, as the meringue browned really fast.  It tasted as good as it looked, though it was a bit difficult to get it out of the tin (which is the reason for the absence of photographs!)  Now I'm watching my weight after over-indulging, so I won't be making another one for quite a while.

6 comments:

Isobel said...

Oh Marie, you just made my mouth water!! It probably was yummy!!
xx

Rosie said...

Mmm looks very tasty! I love lemon meringue pie:)

Tracy said...

BEAUTIFUL result, Marie! Lemon Meringue... one of my favorites! I adore anything with lemon. I've not been baking for a while--trying to cut back on sugary treats. But I'm thinking of baking the Coffee and Walnut Cake from Nigella's Kitchen...hubby has been asking when I'll return to baking again. ;o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

sweetmyrtle said...

this looks wonderful and i bet it tasted good too. my mother always used to make lemon meringe pie but she hasn't done it for years. i have never attempted it but inspired by yours i will ask her to show me how. wishing you the loveliest of Spring days Marie, and thank you so much for your lovely messages on my blog.
warmest wishes
Ginny x

tea time and roses said...

Hello Marie,

Oh my how I love Lemon Meringue pie, one of my absolute favorites!! The sweet and tart together, delicious!

Wish I were there to share a slice with you!:o) Hope you enjoyed a beautiful week and wishing you a lovely coming weekend.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Louise said...

John's Mum makes a great Lemon Meringue Pie. We love it too. Yours looks equally as tempting! x