Saturday, 9 April 2011

Shattered Dreams

It has been almost two days since I received the news, but I still can't quite believe it.  It came at a time of physical and emotional exhaustion.  I had been up working for 23 hours and had less than a total of four hours' sleep in 39 hours.  I was barely functioning when I was summoned to a meeting with my boss. 

I knew what was coming as soon as I walked into the room: the presence of a second person who had never attended any previous meetings was the sign.  There is no easy way to say this: I don't have a job any more. I can't go into detail, but what I can say is that there was a significant lack of support in this huge transition.

I have no idea what happens next.

4 comments:

Vintage Amethyst said...

Aahh lovely lady, I'm so sorry to hear this news.
Sending you lots of love & a big hug.
Love
Alison
x

Tracy said...

How terribly sorry I am that this has happened Marie... Especially after you studied so hard, worked so hard, and even moved to this job to set you up on new carrier as midwife. So very sorry that lacked the supported needed to give you the confidence in transition to this job. The hurt and disappointment must be huge... so much between the lines here. I hope very much, after some of the shock wears off, that there will be a solution, or better still, that a new door will open for you. One door closes, another door opens... Know that I am thinking of you, my friend, and wishing you all the best, whatever come next. Take care. Be in touch when you can... ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

VintagePretty said...

Oh no! I am so sorry. I don't know what to say other than perhaps it was for the best? That everything happens for a reason? I know it doesn't sound much, but holding on to something makes the bad stuff seem more bearable. I know how hard you have worked to get this far and then to have this news is horrid.

Practically, is there anything that they will do to help you find something else? References etc? You mentioned a lack of support, is there anything that you can complain about to someone 'higher up'?

I am positive that there is a job out there with 'Marie' written all over it, which you will find and be very happy in. Keep that in your mind and your heart and something good will happen. You know where I am if you want to talk :)

Louise said...

So sorry to read this Marie. A real worry for you. May there be more positive news on the horizon for you very soon. x