Saturday, 30 April 2011

Flea Market Finds

Today was the annual flea market at the church in our old neighbourhood and I was fortunate to have an opportunity to go along and find a few bargains.  Quite honestly, this event has been running for so many years and is so well known that people come from miles around to snap up a bargain, so it is extremely crowded.  With this in mind, I go with two aims: the first, to find any recent paperbacks that I have wanted to read, or those which appeal to me at the time and also to look for fabric bargains, which were sadly in short supply this year.  I did however, find Vintage Knits for only $1.

A set of coasters of the Impressionist period for 50 cents.  Monet's Water Lily Pond from 1897 is one of the more recognisable pictures, but I haven't been able to identify the rest.

A little light reading for the armchair traveller at $2 each.

A pink striped cotton fabric for $2.

And finally, two glass watering bulbs at $3 each.  I was quite impressed with my finds, especially as they cost less than $20 in total.  I'm so glad that I had a chance to go to this annual event as it heralds the arrival of spring (even though it was only 2 C with a ground frost this morning!)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Sounds like you had a great time browsing the flea market. The books sound so good that I am going to look them up.

How are you doing in your new house? I have to read back in your blog to catch up with you...

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Tracy said...

LOVELY finds, Marie! I have that Vintage Knits book on my bookshelf too--pretty projects and inspiration there. Glad you had some fun at the weekend. Happy new week now, my friend :o) ((HUGS))