Saturday, 23 April 2011

Easter


This isn't quite how I had intended spending this Easter weekend.  After the news two weeks ago, I decided that I needed to get more exercise; mainly to stop my mind dwelling on the stress of my present situation.  Anyway, I resumed aquafit classes, which I used to attend on a regular basis.  It had been a long time since I went to even one class, so maybe going to three classes in eight days was too much, as I strained my back.  Back pain is not new to me, but this strain has made me virtually immobile for the past three days.  In fact, I spent all day yesterday with a book and barely moved off the sofa all afternoon. 

In the absence of spring-like weather, a recent trip to the garden centre found me looking longingly at the Lily of the Valley.  I know that it should be outside, but then I couldn't stick my nose in it on a regular basis to enjoy its scent.  So it was placed in the kitchen where I could really appreciate its fragrance.  My dream is to have a lot of it in my garden, but this is another dream postponed for the present.

Wishing you all a very happy Easter.  May your weekend be filled with many blessings: family, friends and a visit from the Easter bunny!

9 comments:

Isobel said...

Hi Marie,
First let me thank you for your comments on my blog while I was absent from it. :)
I hope you get better from your back pain soon and that you have a lovely Easter tomorrow.
Lots of love. xxx

Simone said...

Hello Marie. I found you after you left a comment on Rosie's blog(Corners of my Mind). I recently did a post about my garden and about the Lily-of-the-Valley that grows there. I have pulled up a few of the plants and put them in jam jars just so I can appreciate the scent of them in my home. I hope things work out for you soon. A lot of people that I know are going through a topsy turvey time at the moment. x

carol at home said...

I adore Lily of the Valley, I remember my Grandmother had a patch in her garden where they had completly taken over. Hope you're back is soon feeling better and that things take a turn for the better.

tea time and roses said...

Dear Marie,

Oh my, for one who suffers with back pain, I certainly know what you are feeling. I too have spent a few days in bed and dare not move around too much, not a happy time. I sure hope you are feeling better soon. A wonderful book and some delicious tea certainly do help things move along just a little better.:o)

Happy Easter to you dear friend. Enjoy a beautiful weekend!:o)

Smiles♥

Beverly

tea time and roses said...

By the way, that is one beautiful new profile photo! You are stunning, absolutely beautiful!!:o)

Smiles♥

Shabbily Ever After said...

Hi Marie,
I saw your comment on my friend Louise's Blog and thought i would pop over,i am so sorry about your recent news,life can be hard and very unfair,i pray sunshine to come your way and send big hugs as i know it must be hard for you right now,
Happy Easter!
Love Kristina x

Tracy said...

Lily of the Valley...*sigh*... can almost smell them through the screen! :o) Hope your back is feeling better soon, Marie... Take it easy, enjoy the holiday weekend. Happy Easter, my friend ((LOVE & HUGS))

Heidi said...

((((( Marie )))))

I was so sorry to read now about what happened. I know the feeling as Jos was laid off on Good Friday. His large US company has no scruples and he has to continue working until they have decided on the details. They simply want him to help bring in a big $ account before telling him hit the door.

It is a hard world out there and I am glad I can try and be a part of making it a more loving place. Things do happen for a reason so take it easy and then look to where you should go on to next. Following the path is not always what we expected in life but excepting it and making the most of what we are given brings us real happiness even when things look down.

Take care and enjoy each day for what it brings.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Louise said...

I gladly have Lily of the Valley in my garden. My Mum loved it, and to see the flowers reminds me of her. Beware, it spreads very well when planted in the right place! x