Monday, 25 April 2011

Easter Cupcakes

I fancied trying something different this year, so I decided to bake Easter cupcakes.  The recipe is from Cupcake Magic by Kate Shirazi.

They are covered with a chocolate ganache, which I have never tried before.  It is very rich, containing 200 g of Green and Black's 70% dark chocolate in addition to double cream.  Well, who said we couldn't treat ourselves to something special at Easter?  I made a dozen and put half of them in the freezer, but something tells me that they may not be there for long.

4 comments:

Isobel said...

Hi Marie!
These cupcakes look delicious!! Did you freeze after you iced them? I never froze cupcakes, so I got curious. And how do you defrost them? :)
xx

Wild Rose said...

Hi Isobel,

Yes, I froze them after icing and I plan to thaw them at room temperature. I noticed the day after icing that there is a slight change in the surface of the eggs ~ almost as though they were oozing glucose? I'm not sure, but they taste fine regardless!

Marie x

Tracy said...

YUMMY! What a great treat! Chocolate ganache is sooo good. Your cakes are beautiful, Marie! I doubt they will last long. ;o) LOVE your photo in your comments. Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Louise said...

I really like the effect of coloured eggs on the darker topping. x