Friday, 11 March 2011

Doubts

I try to maintain a positive outlook when it comes to my blog, so I hope that you will forgive me if I am a bit self-indulgent and write about my week.  Aside from the fact that I'm feeling unwell with a heavy cold and sore throat, I need to vent some of my feelings.

I've been working at the practice for ten weeks now and my introduction was not what I had anticipated in the sense that there was little orientation and by the second day, I was left to get on with the job.  I can't really go into details (and I certainly don't want to bore you), but after a meeting this week, I am seriously questioning my decision to accept this job.

After many months of battling against the odds, I made it through my bridging course and I felt ready to start work, but circumstances (mainly the lack of jobs) meant that there was a significant delay between my finding a position and actually starting work.

I knew that the transition was going to be challenging, but I was not prepared for the feeling of anxiety that seems to pervade my waking (and sleepless) hours.  I am wondering how I am ever going to survive this first year of practice.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, Marie... I'm so sorry things seem a bit bleak at the moment, and that this job so far has not be at all what you were maybe anticipating. It must be hugely disappointing, having gone through so much to get to this point, to have the job fall short. Very much I hope things may turn around yet... Or better still you may find a position elsewhere you will feel more comfortable with. So sorry you're not feeling well on top of all else... Do be taking good care, be well soon. And wishing you peace of mind... ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

Rosie said...

Oh dear so sorry to hear you have had such a bad cold and also that your first weeks at your new job haven't been as rewarding as they should have been. You must feel very unsettled about your future. Do take care and get well soon. Rosiex

tea time and roses said...

Hello Marie,

Hope you are feeling a bit better. Having a bad cold and sore throat is certainly not a good thing.

I know you have worked so hard and clearly understand your disappointment. Hang in there dear friend. Hoping you feel better soon.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Gingham and Flowers said...

Hi Marie. Really sorry that your job is not going quite as you hoped it would. I know from experience that not feeling right about a job can be really horrible. I hope that you soon start to settle into it. Fiona