Tuesday, 8 February 2011

The Postmistress

I have just finished reading The Postmistress by Sarah Blake.  This was a book that I found difficult to get into in the first few pages, but I am so glad that I persevered and continued reading, rather than putting it aside.

The book tells the story of three women whose lives are linked by events during the Second World War and the Blitz.  News of the wartime bombing comes over the radio and the stories of human tragedies touch the hearts of those listening.

As I got further into the book, I didn't want to put it down and that is for me, the sign of a great read.  The story is beautifully written and I would highly recommend this book.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

This sounds sooo GOOD! I must add this one to my reading list. Thanks for the tip, Marie! And I do love the art on the book's cover--very romantic! Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Heidi said...

This sounds like a great book. Thanks for the recommendation. I will look at ordering it next time. I just got an order in the mail this week.

By seeing the view out your window in your last post, I think you have the perfect weather to curl up with a cup of hot tea, a quilt or afghan and a good book.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

tea time and roses said...

Hello Marie,

Not wanting to put it down is certainly a sign of a good book!:o) What a beautiful cover, that alone would draw me to the book:o) I certainly will keep this one in mind.

Continue to enjoy a lovely week my friend.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Rosie said...

That's always the sign of a good book for me too! Sounds interesting I may look for it at the library when I have finished the ones I have at the moment:)

Priscilla said...

What a great sounding book! Yay glad you managed to add the 'books read' list. Some great looking titles some I recognise and others I look forward to looking up. xx

Louise said...

It does sound like a very good read. x