Sunday, 30 January 2011

A Walk In The Woods


This morning dawned bright and sunny, so we decided to take a walk in the woods of the Niagara Escarpment.  The snow was crisp beneath our feet and there was a hushed silence surrounding us.

Fortunately, there was no wind, as it was cold enough without it and I was glad of a warm coat and a scarf.  We admired the beauty of the surroundings and the light and shade, as well as the colour of the remaining leaves.

Our path lay clear before us and the blue sky was a welcome sight.

At the end of the path there is a view-point and we gazed out across Lake Ontario and towards Niagara-on-the-Lake, which we recently visited.  As much as I enjoyed the fresh air and exercise, it was lovely to retreat to the warmth of the car and the journey home.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

So many LOVELY views... these are fantastic photos, Marie! Thanks for taking us along on your walk... And LOVE the new wintry banner--great for the season now. :o) Happy Week ((HUGS))

Priscilla said...

Oh my what a beautiful view! I do love winter, getting cozy in front of the fire,and snow makes everything look like Narnia. I must admit this winter in the uk has been the worst I have known...and although lovely I am now ready for my spring seed planting! and a little sunshine. Beautiful photos..

Priscilla x

Rosie said...

Looks like a great walk - I too love that feeling of returning home to the warmth when you have ahd a brisk, invigorating walk:)