Friday, 7 January 2011

Twinkle Tree

New Year's Eve was approaching and we were in the supermarket buying some flowers when this was pointed out to me.  I had been vaguely aware of the glittery foliage in the background, but hadn't paid much attention.  Anyway, we came out with more than we bargained for but it was reduced 50% so how was a girl to resist?

Now that Twelfth Night has passed and the Christmas tree has been removed, it has pride of place near the window.  I just love my twinkle tree!  It is a winter theme, so I have the perfect excuse to keep it out for a few months.

This week has been crazy as I started my new job on Monday.  I really like the other midwives in the practice, which is a good start.  My appearances here may be sporadic over the coming months as I am now back on call.  I know that my readers will understand if I go missing.....

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year.  May 2011 be filled with peace, love and joy.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, so pretty is your Twinkle Tree, Marie! I would leave out all winter too...keep some glitter and glow as long as possible these dark winter days. Our tree and other decor came down today. It's looking a bit naked around the house now. Trying to think of where to drape some fairy lights for some extra sparkle, as I miss it already...LOL! Hope all goes well as your fall into place with your new work and that you will enjoy it. Be round when you can. We'll be here... and thinking of you. :o) Happy Days ((LOVE & HUGS))

P.K said...

Wishing you a happy new year, all the best in 2011.

Rosie said...

Love your twinkle tree - thanks for popping by my blog for a visit! Glad to hear you like your new job. Best wishes for a wonderful 2011:)

Heidi said...

I too love your twinkle tree Marie! I just posted about my winter tree and decorations as I think it is nice to do something winter themed in January.

I hope your new job is going well? I am thinking of you and hope 2011 brings you and your husband much happiness. I will look forward to hearing how it is going when you do get time...

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Louise said...

Happy New Year Marie. Glad you are happy in your new job. I fully understand if you go AWOL for a while. My change of career path has totally taken over my life for the past two years! x

tea time and roses said...

Hello Marie,

I love your twinkle tree! I have a sweet little snowman I bought for the Christmas holiday. He is just too sweet to put away and certainly going to leave him out all winter and maybe even longer, he just makes me smile!:o)

Enjoy a beautiful weekend!

Smiles♥

Beverly