Tuesday, 7 December 2010

A Little House On A Hill

In the absence of a pretty fireplace, I decided to display my Advent calendar on our bedroom mirror.  It is almost the only evidence of Christmas at home this year, as we continue to pack for our move.

The big day is next Monday, when we will be waving goodbye to our life here in the big city and moving to a little house on a hill.  I think that the few remaining days are going to be hectic as I try to fit work and packing into my time.  I will let you all know how it went at a later date, as I don't think that I will have an opportunity to post again between now and then. 

A huge thank you all for your good wishes for our move.  I just hope that the snow stays away long enough for us to get there.

4 comments:

julie said...

The very best of luck with your big day on Monday. It's lovely that you'll be in your new home by Christmas - what a lovely time to be settling in and making a house into a home.

Tracy said...

What a great idea for displaying your advent calendar and having some Christmas cheer while you get read to move. The calendar is sooo pretty! Fingers & toes crossed for you that all will go well on Monday with the move...no snow or other hiccups. So excited for you! Will look forward to more news when you can be here. Be taking good care. And wishing you all the best of many happy times in your new place! :o) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

tea time and roses said...

Hello Marie,

Your Advent calendar is beautiful! Monday is near, how exciting! So happy for you dear friend.

Enjoy a beautiful weekend.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Heidi said...

Hi Marie! I have not been able to visit blogs while we were moving this autumn so I know how busy it is. I finally am able to start go by old friends and see you have made this beautiful advent pockets string. I have three sets of these cut out and have not been able to find them again now in the new house. So they are now put off onto my list for next year...lol. Yours look great!

I hope your move goes quickly and smoothly and I will look forward to hearing all about your new home. How exciting!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi