Saturday, 30 October 2010

Hallowe'en Eve

It is the eve before Hallowe'en, known in some parts as Mischief Night.  I decided to take a walk around our neighbourhood to see how the preparations for the main event were coming along.

There are some fairly unusual guests outside this house.  It looks like they may have been waiting for an awfully long time.

Is that a witch I see waiting outside this door?

I wouldn't like to see this character on a dark night.

And I don't much fancy a walk through this graveyard.

 The spiders have been busy too.  But possibly the most unnerving sight is the giant cat with ferocious claws!

Happy Hallowe'en!

3 comments:

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oh these are amazing, I wish people decorated their houses like that over here in the UK.
It is so much fun!
Happy Halloween.
Love
Alison
x

Tracy said...

Happy Halloween, Marie! WOW--that is some fantastic decorating! Halloween is not a big deal here--t is an "imported holiday," as they say here. And no one decorates. So sometimes I miss the "real" Halloween of back home... though it really is just a a commercial, media & marketing driven machine now isn't it?! LOL! The real holiday is a far cry from our ancient ancestors had it. Thanks for the fun post... Hope you have a Spooktacular weekend! ;o) ((BIG HUGS))

Priscilla said...

Happy Halloween!! I love the photos. I wish my village looked like that! xx