Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Celebration

This past weekend was Thanksgiving here in Canada.  We decided on a last-minute trip up north to see the beautiful autumn colours and spent a couple of nights away.  There was another reason to celebrate at this time too, as I have now completed my course and I'm eligible to register as a Midwife.

To be honest, it is a bit of an anticlimax, especially as I don't have a job and there isn't one available at present.  The way the positions are funded here means that jobs are advertised in the spring and I'm too late for 2010.  I have been told that there are always jobs available, but this was by people who are not out there looking.  Also, I have to find a job and receive an offer before I can register.  I think that I may be looking for something else in the interim.

4 comments:

Vintage Amethyst said...

*Congratulations* Marie!
I really hope you find a job, what a shame you seem to have to wait a while.
I really hope one comes along for you very soon.
*Good Luck*
love
Alison
x

Tracy said...

Happy Thanksgiving...albeit it a bit belated, Marie... And BIG CONGRATULATIONS on finishing your course. Very complicated all the ins & outs of landing a job now. But hoping very much you will find something soon, if only temporary. So proud of you for seeing your goal come true--HOORAY! Rising up cup of tea to you... not as fun as champagne, but all the same... CHEERS! :o) Happy Days, my friend ((LOVE & HUGS))

VintagePretty said...

Congratulations! You deserve it after all these hard months of effort. Don't be downhearted, something right will come along soon. Be patient, enjoy some time off and get ready for your new job come spring :)

Wild Rose said...

Sadly, circumstances don't allow me to take a break until the spring, but I'm hoping that a midwifery post will come along soon. If this doesn't happen, then I will be forced to seek an alternative.