Thursday, 9 September 2010

Knitting Yarns

I had an ulterior motive for my recent visit to Unionville.  I had searched online and discovered Mary's Yarns and I was in need of some knitting therapy. 

To discover that there was a wool shop so close to where I am staying was an unexpected pleasure and it was definitely worth the visit.  There are five rooms of yarns located in this delightful house: more than enough to satisfy the cravings of most knitters, but not so overwhelming that it is impossible to make a choice.


My apologies for the photo quality these days, but my only access to a camera when I am away is on my Blackberry.  Floor to ceiling heaven!


With the recent addition of a new niece to the family back in June, the idea of knitting a cardigan had been in mind for the last few weeks.  I finally chose a pretty pink yarn and a straightforward garter stitch pattern in the hope that even if I was tired, I would be able to knit this and not worry about going wrong (some hope!  I forgot to do the increase for the sleeves, as this is an all-in-one pattern with back, sleeves and fronts knitted in one piece).


The last photo shows the cardigan nearing completion.  I finished the knitting part on Sunday afternoon, but have to stitch it together and was unable to do so at the time, as I had left my needle in my temporary accommodation.  How happy I shall be when I'm finally living in one place with all of my craft projects and equipment to hand!

4 comments:

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oh I just love that pink, the cardigan is going to look so sweet.
love
Alison
x

Tracy said...

Ooo...yarn & wool heaven...*swoon*... What a sweet shop! And just LOVE that scrumptious pink... The cardi is WONDERFUL, Marie! You knit that so quickly...wow! What a little treasure... Thanks for sharing! Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

tea time and roses said...

You are certainly a girl after thine own heart:o) Look at all these yummy yarns! Your little pink cardigan is the sweetest Marie. Enjoy your knitting time, and enjoy most lovely weekend.

Smiles.....

Beverly

Hélène Glehen said...

Oh, the shop looks beautiful and unusual, isn't it ?
I like it very much. The place is lovely.