Thursday, 3 December 2009

Mix And Match

I was recently shopping at one of those big box stores when I spotted some flannel sheet sets for a bargain price. I was hesitant to spend the money because they were sealed in plastic bags and I couldn't assess the quality, but I thought that for only $35 a set, it was worth taking a chance. They proved to be exceptional value for money, with beautiful soft flannel and sheets that actually fit over the mattress and box-spring without having to virtually rip them in two to make them reach!

Sadly, the sets don't include a duvet cover, so I was left wondering what to do about this when I spotted this floral design at that big blue and yellow store...I never would have considered combining stripes and florals until I saw some lovely combinations on other blogs and I have to admit that I am feeling pleased with this effect.

5 comments:

Sal said...

It's wonderful how blogging can inspire you!
I think the sheets coordinate well!
Hope all is good with you!
;-)

Vintage Amethyst said...

How lovely, I just love it when things like this happen.
Have a lovely weekend
love
Alison
x

Tracy said...

Beautiful, Marie! And such a nice deal you got too! I like florals and stripes together. Flannel sheets are such a nice little luxury during the cold of winter... Look forward to seeing your result with the floral fabric! Just dropping in to wish you a very happy weekend ahead. We have a full house tomorrow with hubby's family coming over. Will catch up with you more early next week. :o) ((BIG HUGS))

Rosie said...

What a coincidence - I've been in the big blue and yellow store today and looked at bedding although we had other things on our list today for christmas presents. Well done on the blogging everyday in November:)

Wild Rose said...

Sal ~ I am really pleased with the combination.

Tracy ~ this is actually a duvet cover not a piece of fabric ~ just as well, as I don't have the time to start making bedding at the moment!