Monday, 23 November 2009

Seasonal Delights

I love this time of the year, when the Christmas catalogues arrive in the mailbox and I can sit and dream of all those pretty gifts and home ideas. Lakeland always produces lovely catalogues and these are a favourite of mine.


Most of the planning is purely for fun ~ in these thrifty times, I am not planning on spending much money this year.


The English Home was a bit of an indulgence though ~ I couldn't resist the traditional Christmas scene on the cover, so I treated myself to this one. I love the idea of a real fire, but for the time being, I will have to make do with reading this.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

We think a like... I just lately picked up the same issue of The English Home--a gorgeous Christmas edition! :o) I love magazines in general, but even more so this time of year, the seem even more of a treat, don't they? Enjoy your lovely magazine stash here! Oh, and so glad you had a chance to stop by and join in on my gift giveaway fun this week. Happy Day, dear friend :o) ((BIG HUGS))

Heidi said...

Oh The English Home is my favorite magazine only after the British Country Living. I have a subscription to The English Home. I split it with a friend. We each paid half and after I read the issue, it goes to her house. It works out great that way.

Hugs ~
Heidi