Thursday, 19 November 2009

Christmas Robin

The English Robin is a garden favourite of mine. I make the distinction between this member of the thrush family and its American cousin, which is closer to the size of a rather fat blackbird! The joke in our house is that the robins around here are on steroids!

I spotted this sweet little mug on eBay. I was hoping to catch one of those Emma Bridgewater mugs, but they are so expensive. When I saw this one and no-one else placed a bid, I got it for the bargain price of £2.99. It arrived safely wrapped in layers of bubble wrap and a substantial box and now I can enjoy using it during this Christmas season. It is actually a Denby mug ~ another of my dreams is to own a whole set of Denby, but I think that will have to remain on my wish list for a while longer.

6 comments:

Isobel said...

Hi Marie,
I love robins too, they are so cute!
Your mug is just lovely!
xx

P.K said...

A charming mug. I have always admired Christmas Robins, an excellent find and great price!

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oh what a sweet mug & so lovely for the winter season.
love
Alison
x

Tracy said...

Your tea mug is so pretty, Marie! I must say I prefer the sweetness of the little English robin to the American robin--those American robins are big! Happy Weekend, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

Rosie said...

I love your festive Robin mug. The Emma Bridgewater ones are even expensive in the factory seconds shop which isn't far from where I live.

Heidi said...

That is an amazing bargain and just beautiful. I have never heard of Denby.

Hugs ~
Heidi