Tuesday, 24 November 2009

Armchair Cookery

I read a feature about Delia in a magazine and it mentioned that she had a new Christmas book. I love cookery books and Christmas cookery books are so inspiring. I can sit and study them for hours and just savour those gorgeous photographs!

I came across a copy of Happy Christmas for one third of the list price, so I decided to treat myself to a copy. I haven't had a lot of time to enjoy it, but I have left it out so that I can sit down and dip into it whenever I have a few minutes to spare.

Another favourite is Nigella Christmas. I saw her Christmas cookery programme of the same name on television last year and this book is beautiful. How I long to collect the reindeer crockery and have my own set to use at Christmas! This dream is a little impractical, as most of it is sold in the U.K. and the shipping is prohibitively expensive. No matter, I can dream and maybe one day I will stumble across a whole set of it...

5 comments:

P.K said...

Ooh I have not seen the new Christmas book by Delia. I have many recipes from her first one that are used every Christmas, and they are very very good. Must find it.

Vintage Amethyst said...

How lovely. I'm quite excited as there is a Delia Christmas special on next week, the first since 1990!!! I think it is on the same day as the art show my husband is on which is all very exciting for us ~ well for me anyway, I'm more excited than he is!!! Lol!
love
Alison
x

Tracy said...

Such wonderful books, Marie! I've been drooling over this newer Nigella Christmas book...mmm... What will you be cooking up? ;o) Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Heidi said...

I love watching both these ladies on the BBC. I missed so many Nigella shows that I have started watching them on YouTube. In fact, I am using her recipe for parsnips and also for a savory snack. I am going to make the snack for our annual quilt group's Christmas party.

Great to have the cookbooks. Enjoy!

Hugs ~
Heidi

Rosie said...

Two lovely inspiring and yet comforting cookery books great to have both of them:)