Monday, 14 September 2009

Stop To Smell The Roses


There is something quite beautiful about roses and I was fortunate enough to be given these three beauties. I have to admit that they didn't have much of a scent (I adore sticking my nose in old roses and inhaling their perfume), but their colour was a gorgeous red.

I don't really feel I even have time to stop and smell the roses these days. I'm not complaining, but the only opportunity that I have had to just be and not rush around was when I saw my osteopath this morning and I was lying on her table!

I worked the entire weekend teaching two groups about preparing for labour and birth and I'm working again this evening. Tomorrow, I head off to university for the start of classes and we have an assessment on Thursday, for which I have been trying to squeeze in some study.

So whatever your week holds, I do hope that you have time to pause for a moment and enjoy the beauty of nature.

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Loved this rosy moment, Marie! And what a treat of those roses you've received! It is a pity most commercially bought flowers have no scent...keeping them in cold rooms kills the scents. But they are still gorgeous. Such busy days you are having...and more to come! It's been the same on my end as well. So this reminder to slow down, even for a moment is a great one. Happy week, my friend! Oh, and many thanks for your email--I will write you back very soon this week. ((BIG HUGS))

Heidi said...

You sound happily busy right now Marie! That is a good thing. But you are right. We should try and take a moment each day to stop and appreciate things around us. I know I can often do that while driving and seeing beauty along the road. It is especially so now that the autumn colors are slowly appearing.

Hugs ~
Heidi

sweetmyrtle said...

i was given roses too this week.. i love roses and have been known to lean over garden fences to breathe in their perfume! hope you have some time for calm too... take care of yourself, with love
ginny x

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Dear Marie!

As you know, I love roses and these are just beautiful! What a nice gift to receive. There are times when busy lives do make it difficult to stop and simply smell the roses.:o) But I find it a must, it makes for a better me and not mention happier me!:o) Enjoy your week my friend.

Smiles...

Beverly

Tea Time and Roses said...

Dropping in to wish you a beautiful weekend.

Smiles....

Priscilla said...

Hi, I love your roses. they are my fav flower.I love to walk by gardens with rose trees in full bloom the scent is wonderful.. I should enjoy them in the house more, hope you are having a good week...

See you soon
Priscilla x

Isobel said...

Hi Marie,

Thank you for your visit. Indeed there is a road down to the beach in Beer. Going down is not much of a trouble, but coming back up with a pushchair is a heck of a workout. LOL
Have a lovely Sunday. xx

Rosie said...

What lovely roses - I do hope you found time in your busy week to sit for a while and admire their beauty. Thanks for your latest comment on my blog - to answer your question - the collages I do with Picasa - there is a programme for doing them on the latest version. Take care:)