Friday, 25 September 2009

Shades of Green

Isn't this fun? I have never attempted a photo collage before until I saw one on Rosie's blog and she kindly told me how she made it.

Yesterday, I went for a walk in the neighbourhood and took a few photographs. I am really enjoying the different shades of green at the moment and rather than post each photo individually, I thought that I would show them as a collage. As you see, there are some hints of the Autumn colour to come.

This photo seemed worthy of more space though. I spotted this tree some time ago and kept meaning to take a photograph, so I made a detour to do so. If only trees could talk, what an interesting tale they would tell.

If you would like to hear a fictional account of the life of an oak tree, I would recommend that you listen to this. It is such an interesting series on Radio 4 and I am so glad that it is still available. I think that I will listen to it again soon.

7 comments:

Rosie said...

Wow, Marie, thats lovely - glad you had a try at a mosaic - it's fun, isn't it?

Wild Rose said...

Hi Rosie,

Yes, it is a lot of fun! I would love to have more time to play with this, but I'm too busy at the moment.

I'm wondering if there is a way of posting it so that it enlarges when visitors click on it. Does anyone know?

Tracy said...

LOVE your collage, Marie! Collages are such fun to make--endless possibilities! I love the tree with the face--what fun!

For your question on photo enlarging--is there setting you can allow in Blogger that will make it possible? hhhmmm...

Happy week, my friend ((HUGS))

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Dear Marie!

The collage is beautiful! I love the tree...I wonder what a tree would say if it could talk.:o) By the way, you have to let me know just how to make the collage.:o) Enjoy a lovely week my friend.

Smiles...

Beverly

Rosie said...

The way I do it is quite long winded but I import the photos I want into Picasa and once I've worked on them cropping or straightening etc - or created a collage - I export them back to my computer files in a new folder - then if you use the symbol for 'add image' at the top of the blog when posting upload the photos you have exported - once the photo is uploaded it always seems that when clicked on it enlarges. Hope this helps:)

Primrose Corner said...

Lovely collage - I sometimes make them as a way of recording our holidays. I hang them in the hallway where they always attract attention especially as the children change so much. Great fun. I love your tree. The oaks are beginning to take on their autumn colours here.

Priscilla said...

Love the photos! I am going to look up the radio of the life of trees...sounds wonderful!