Thursday, 10 September 2009

Ragged Falls

Ragged Falls ~ a wild waterfall located just outside Algonquin Park ~ seemed like the ideal place for a picnic lunch. What could be better than sitting on a rock in the sunshine enjoying the sound of the bubbling water?

We actually found a nice flat rock on which to spread the picnic rug and enjoy our lunch. The only problem being that while we were eating our chicken, the mosquitoes were eating us!


I enjoyed the scenic beauty of the place, but paid a high price when I came away with bites all over my back.

A week later, I can still see the bites and they are still itching!

I wanted to share these photographs, but I am having an extremely busy time reading and preparing for the official start of my university course next week. I'm also attending a conference on Friday and working all weekend!

So if you don't see me for a while, you will know that I have my head in my books ~ preparing for examinations.

The good news is that I passed the Ethics module, which is a relief. It is many years since I had to sit down and write a piece of academic work, but at least it seems like I haven't forgotten how to go about it.

3 comments:

Galaxy6139 said...

It's really beautiful waterfall, but you paid a lot to enjoy such scenes ^.^

Thanks for sharing these nice pictures

Tracy said...

Gorgeous waterfall scenes, Marie...can almost hear the water rushing! Such beautiful moments shared from your trip--thank you! Hope you're recovered from the mosquito bites ;o) And glad to know all is going well with your studies--well done. Happy weekend, my friend...hope there'll be room for some fun between work and study! ((HUGS))

Rosie said...

Wonderful waterfall scenes, shame about the mosquitos - hope the bites are less itchy now - good luck with your studies:)