Friday, 26 June 2009

Knitting Yarns

I have been very busy and there are lots of exciting developments in the pipeline, but I am not quite ready to share them with you all. This blogging break hasn't really been restful, but rather stuffed with activity and more than a little stress. Anyway, I want to reassure my readers that normal service will resume as soon as possible.

In between all this frantic activity, I did snatch a few moments to read Death By Cashmere, a seaside knitting mystery by Sally Goldenbaum. This is the perfect summer read ~ not too demanding, but full of interesting characters. The action takes place in Sea Harbor, Massachusetts and I can almost smell the sea as I turn the pages.

I am coming to the end of this knitting yarn, but will be eagerly looking out for the next book in the Seaside Knitters' Mystery series. In the meantime, however you are spending your summer, I wish you rest, relaxation and an escape from the daily routine. Enjoy your weekend.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

This sounds like such a good read, Marie! I've added it to my list. Mysteries and thriller genres aren't my taste usually, but this sounds so much fun. Glad there's been a few pocket of time for enjoyment in between your busy days. Look forward to more news when you can share. :o) Happy weekend, my friend ((HUGS))

abeachcottage.com said...

this does sound like a good read, thanks for the review, I will look out for it...

Sarah

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Marie!

I just love the title of this book! It sure sounds like a read I would enjoy! You cannot go wrong with knitting and cashmere..LOL! I can hardly wait to hear the news you will be sharing.:o) Will be dropping by soon.

Smiles...

Beverly

P.K said...

I've just taken up knitting again, so the title is noted, good to see you posting, all the best P.K.

Heidi said...

Hi Marie! How exciting that you have some big news maybe in the pipeline. I am anxious to hear it. Thanks for the great tip. I bought my mother the Maggie Sefton knitting mysteries and she loved them and then brought them here to give them to me. Now I am enjoying them. I will look into these for her. It would be a great gift to send her now as she has just been diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. She can read them while she is resting from her surgery and having her treatments afterwards. Off to look for them now...

I did not get a chance to get back to you in time. Did you sell all your rose cream? I saw you site is taken off the web now.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Vintage Amethyst said...

Hi Marie
Thank you so much for your kind message.
Thanks for the book recommendation too.
Have a lovely weekend
love
Alison
x