Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Escape

This weekend, we escaped the hustle and bustle of the city in search of tranquility and open spaces. We visited friends who live about two hours north of Toronto on Georgian Bay.

Georgian Bay is separated from the main part of Lake Huron by the Bruce Peninsula. It has more than 30,000 islands and over 2,000 kilometres of shoreline. In the summer months, it attracts tourists from far and wide, who come to enjoy nature and the fabulous beaches.

As you can probably tell from the photographs, it was quiet during our visit, due to the unseasonably cold temperatures. The wind was whipping up the waves and we didn't spend any longer than necessary outdoors.

On Sunday, we visited Blue Mountain, which is a ski resort during the winter months. It is a long time since our last visit, when the resort was in the early stages of development. I think that it has a certain charm, which is so often lacking in modern developments.

Sadly, it was such a cold day, that we only had a quick walk through the resort before looking for shelter from the bitter winds.

This photograph shows one of the ski runs in the background.

And the building with the canopy is a chocolate shop, which we felt obliged to visit! After all, what could be nicer than sharing chocolate with friends?


There was a fire in the grate in the centre of the square, but it was too cold to even stand around it and enjoy the warmth!

We stayed an extra night and came home yesterday feeling refreshed for a change in routine.

Speaking of changes in routine, I have decided to take a blogging break. I have a lot going on in my life at the moment and I don't have time to dedicate to writing and visiting you all. I am not sure how long I will be gone, but I will be back.

9 comments:

JC said...

Pretty ... since I'll never get up that way, I now feel like I've been there.

~~~ I'm having a Pay It Forward on my blog. Stop by if you're interested ~~~

Rose Charles said...

love your pictures :-)

Could do with an escape like that myself!

Rose XXX

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oh what wonderful photos, so beautiful.
love
Alison
x

Tracy said...

What a great escape...beautiful place! So glad you had a chance to get away for a bit and recharge the batteries. :o) So good to catch up on your recent posts now we're back from our trip. Thanks so much for your note--I will write back soon. Glad the Lactation course was great and educational. Enjoy your blog break. Happy weekend ahead, my friend ((HUGS))

Rosie said...

Lovely photos - isn't it great to get away from it all for a few days and spend time with friends. Enjoy your blogging break - hope you will be back soon:)

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Marie!

Absolute beautiful photos! How wonderful to get away and just enjoy!

Smiles...

Beverly

louise said...

Hope you enjoy your blog break Marie. I too am finding it difficult to keep up with blogging in general. I am either working or asleep! Nice trip. A visit to the chocolate shop must have made up a little for the inclement weather you had! x

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Marie!

Stopping by to wish you a beautiful week!:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

32˙North Supplies said...

Thank you for the comment you left on Tracy's interview. It was so nice to feature someone so talented and kind.

Your photos are beautiful and make me want to have an escape of my own.

Warm regards,
Amanda