Monday, 18 May 2009

Closure

I have always avoided mentioning my small business on this blog because it was never intended to be a blog about work or my attempts at creating and marketing a product of which I am justifiably proud.

It has been a long and at times, difficult journey on this adventure and I learned the hard way that although I created a beautiful handmade natural rose cream which I adore; convincing the public that it is worth trying has never been easy. As they say in business, customers are won over one at a time.

After many difficult months of declining sales and a disasterous Christmas season, things were not looking good. Filing my annual tax return recently certainly convinced me of what I knew in my heart already: there is no future for my business venture.

It is with a heavy heart that I announce my decision to close my business. I would have announced it on my business blog, but I closed this some months ago because it was becoming increasingly difficult to think of anything positive to write about.

I am having a going out of business sale and I do hope that some of you will consider trying my products. There is up to 70% off the regular price of skin care products and 50% off organic essential oils.

Note to my UK readers: shipping charges are very reasonable (about £4.50 to ship 2 products) and products arrive in about a week ~ so don't hesitate to take advantage of these incredible prices!

7 comments:

carolyn said...

I'm so sorry I know how hard you worked at this.

Rose Charles said...

Hi,

That is sad news :-(
I've not long started blogging, so didn't know you ever had a business blog!

I will def check out your sale.
I wouldn't know where to start with making stuff like this, you must be very talented.

Rose XXX

Isobel said...

I'm really sorry to hear that you are closing down. Hope you get to reopen someday soon.
Take care. x

Rosie said...

Another one here who hadn't noticed you had a business blog - I've just popped to have a look and your products look lovely - I'm so sorry it hasn't worked out for you in this financial cliamate - hope you can start again when things get better:)

Heidi said...

I am so sorry you are closing the business down totally now. Very sad news indeed. Do you know how much the rose cream would cost to send to Holland?

Hugs ~
Heidi

louise said...

You have made a brave decision Marie to close your business. I am so sorry that today's economic climate has forced you to do so. You will bounce back, I am sure of it. x

Tracy said...

I am so sorry you are having to close your business, Marie. I've been a big supporter and have been so happy using your products. Your rose line has been some of the best creams I've ever used and I'm sorry you'll not be able to continue with the business. Having my own little sales venture, I know how hard it is to keep going, and especially in the current economy. I hope very much a time may come when you can give the business another try. You have a beautiful, high quality product that deserves attention. You have handles all this with such grace. I know how hard this is for you. Know that I am thinking of you. Your sale is so generous...I will be placing an order. :o) ((HUGS))