Tuesday, 12 May 2009

Childish Delights

I haven't found much to blog about recently. I had hoped to get some outdoor photos last week, but the weather was so stormy that I didn't even venture outside. We had such terrific thunderstorms, one of which turned the sky green ~ yes, green! If the camera had been available, I would have taken a photo of it: the last time I heard of a green sky a tornado followed!


Anyway, I had been thinking about food from childhood and I remembered chocolate swiss roll. We used to get a slice and unroll the pinwheel to get at the icing! I found a recipe in my trusty Be-Ro book and I baked one this morning. I've put the kettle on if you would care to join me for a slice. I promise to be on my best behaviour and eat it like a grown-up!

9 comments:

Ginny said...

looks tasty. i have the be-ro recipe book too... it's great isn't it?
hope you didn't eat all that by yourself though!
ginny x

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Marie!

That looks so delicious and chocolate too, my very favorite!:o) What a wonderful treat! Green skies, oh how I wish you did have a camera near I have never seen a green sky. Is it really green green, that is simply amazing and so happy no tornado followed. :o) Enjoy!

Smiles...

Beverly

carolyn said...

Your homemade swiss roll looks much nicer than the bought ones.

Tracy said...

Is there any cake left? Oh, I would love to try a piece of that swiss roll! The icing inside it the best part. ;o) I've not eaten or made this cake in eons...Green sky! Yikes...that does sound like tornado weather. Very creepy...Hope some sun has followed and the sky is more blue again there. :o) Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

P.K said...

that looks tasty, my mum used to buy them for me. never had a homemade one, hmm a slice and a cup of tea would be delightful.

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Wow that looks so yummy!

Rose Charles said...

that looks so yummy!

Rose XXX

Isobel said...

Oh, I would love a piece, please???;)
x

Rosie said...

Mmm - I'll join you for a slice it looks so tasty - it would be great to eat it 'pinwheel' style :) I always use the Be-Ro book too!