Friday, 3 April 2009

Wake Up To Morning


I am the time of day right around sunrise, when the sky is still a pale bluish gray. The streets are empty, and the grass and leaves are a little bit sparkly with dew. I am the sound of a few chirpy birds outside the window. I am quiet, peaceful, and contemplative. If I move slowly, it's not because I'm lazy. It's because I know there's no reason to rush. I move like a relaxed cat, pausing for deep stretches that make my muscles feel alive. I am long sips of tea or coffee (out of a mug that's held with both hands) that slowly warm my insides just as the sun is brightening the sky.

I already knew that I am a morning person, so there was no surprise here. It just confirmed the things that I enjoy when I wake up, usually in dawn's early light. If you would like to try this quiz for yourself, you can find it here.

6 comments:

P.K said...

Enjoyed the quiz, I am a 6:49 as well. There is nothing like having a dog to take out, and truly experience the dawn of the day, rain or shine, sleet or hail.

Tracy said...

Mine was the exact same "score", Marie! 6:49 am--"You're the time of day right around sunrise, when the sky is still a pale bluish gray..." I love the mornings best, the promise of a new start, a new day always appeals to me. :o) Oh, and like yourself, hubby and I are hope to get moving soon--on foot that is...more walkies this spring! Happy weekend, my friend ((HUGS))

Sal said...

I did the test and came out as I thought...same as you!!
;-)

louise said...

I did this quiz the other day and if memory serves me right I was a 6.49 am person too. No surprise there, my alarm goes off at 5.45 am every day, so it was close. x

Veronica said...

Me too - I'm 6:49 as well - is there something going on here with all of us?? Vxx

Rosie said...

As you know, I'm a 6.49 a.m. person, too:)