Thursday, 23 April 2009

Do You Believe In Fairies...


Every time you say you don't believe in fairies, a fairy dies.

I found a copy of Finding Neverland at my local library yesterday and escaped there last night. It is a semi-biographical account of the life of J.M. Barrie and his friendship with the family who were the inspiration for Peter Pan. At first, I wasn't sure that I wanted to watch it because I was distracted by other things, but once I immersed myself in the story, it was magical.

Fittingly for Earth Day, I took a little fairy quiz and discovered that I am Earth Fairy! If you would like to find out what type of fairy you are, visit here. Clap your hands if you believe.

7 comments:

sweetmyrtle said...

i do believe in fairies...i do...i do!

Vintage Amethyst said...

I certainly believe in fairies, I will be definitely doing that little quiz!
Well we are off to Whitby tomorrow, so you know what the fish & chips are like there!! Well I'm vegetarian so I only have to resist the chips!
Hope the weather stays nice.
Have a lovely weekend
love
Alison
x

Heidi said...

I believe in fairies!!!

I watched this movie recently on TV and was so upset when they start to do the play in Kate Winslett's house since she is too ill to come see it. I am a big cryer and had to walk away. I thought I would come back in time but here I missed the end. Silly, isn't it?!? But we should never be too busy to take some time to escape. It helps us to recharge our batteries. I try to do that each day for a little while in a book.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Heidi said...

P.S. ~ I am an Earth Fairy too. :-)

Wild Rose said...

Heidi ~ I felt the tears welling in my eyes too, but the end was magical ~ you should see the end...

Marie x

Tracy said...

Oh, yes, I very much believe in fairies too! This was fun...I'm an Earth Fairy as well! :o) Happy weekend, Marie ((HUGS))

Rosie said...

I remember ages ago watching a film one wet Sunday afternoon - it was called Fairy Tale about two little girls during WW1 who see fairies in their garden - the only person who believed them was Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle - lovely film:)

I was a Wind fairy by the way - quiet, meditative, not liking crowds or noise and happy to be with close friends - that is me:)