Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Blue Skies And Happiness

Last week ended with blue skies and sunshine. For a day or two, the temperatures were more like June than April and it was time to dig out those summer clothes. The air was warm and the sun shone: it felt good to be alive.

Sadly, the blue skies didn't last and the temperatures are back down to single digits. The weather reflects my mood at the moment ~ a little down at the prospect of resuming night duty this week. How I wish that the days could be full of blue skies and happiness...

5 comments:

Tracy said...

May the blue skies and sunshine lift your spirits as you work nights...drink in the sun while you can to carry you into the night. :o) Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Vintage Amethyst said...

It has been a bit like that here, it was lovely last week and then the last fews days has been like Autumn, but today the sunshine is back! Yay!
Oh goodness your trip to Goathland at Christmas sounds wonderful.
Yes there are sheep wandering all over the moors & roads around there, it is so lovely to see them.
Love Alison
x

Rose Charles said...

Hi Ya,

I have to admit I feel much as you do at the moment, only you have put it far more eloquently than I could!

Here's to more sunshine, and much more happiness :-)

Rose XXX

Heidi said...

Did you find another position Marie? I must have missed that. I can imagine it is not easy to work nights. I don't think I could manage so I admire you doing it. Remember the blue skies are never far away. It will all return.

Hugs ~
Heidi

louise said...

Just like our weather. Summer one moment. Winter the next. Wonderful photo Marie. I hope you get some time to enjoy whatever the weather soon. x