Monday, 13 April 2009

Bake

I love to bake. The only thing that prevents me doing so more often is the thought of expanding waistlines and the desire for healthy eating.

I copied this recipe from Alison's blog last Easter and have been saving it for the right occasion.

There is something quite contemplative about the whole process of cake baking. I think that I would enjoy it even more if I had the kitchen space. In our current kitchen, I do not have sufficient workspace to lay everything out close to hand, so I end up weighing on one side and spilling flour etc all over the floor as I transfer across to my mixing bowl! Still, I am not going to let a few minor inconveniences spoil the creative process.

A Victoria sponge cake, hot out of the oven and cooling on the rack ~ shortly to become an Easter Cake!


Thank you to Alison for sharing her recipe ~ it was delicious!

2 comments:

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oh yummy! I do love making Victoria sponge and of course eating it but I rarely do it due to the same reasons as you, my waistline really shouldn't be exposed to anymore goodies especially after this weekend!!!
Hope you have had a lovely weekend.
love
Alison
x

louise said...

A really pretty Easter cake. I enjoy baking too, but for the same reasons, don't that often. My kitchen always ends up in a haze of icing sugar! x