Friday, 20 March 2009

Spring Equinox

Spring officially arrived at 07.44 hours this morning, not that you can tell from the temperature, as it is considerably colder than it has been.

I saw a robin in our garden, so that is a hopeful sign ~ actually, I saw a whole flock of them during a walk in the neighbourhood yesterday afternoon. I had hoped to capture an image on camera, but it wasn't available at the time.

To be honest, there isn't a lot to photograph outdoors at the moment. We don't even have green grass yet, as it is still far too early in the year. So I thought that I would share an image of one of my favourite walks in Harrogate. This was actually taken in winter, but as you can see, the grass is still green. The walk is in the town's famous Valley Gardens and is a short stroll from where I used to live. Every time I visited, I used to think about those Edwardian nannies and their charges promenading in the afternoon and feeding the ducks on the stream. It is the perfect place for a walk at any time of year, but especially in the spring.

4 comments:

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oooh it is still cold here, although the days are much brighter.
Lovely Harrogate, I was meaning to get James to take me to Harrogate shopping this week but we haven't got around to it, we must sometime soon though as I've been meaning to since New Year now!
Have a lovely weekend.
love
Alison
x

Veronica said...

It looks lovely Marie - I like Harrogate - it's fascinating and I used to enjoy a trip to Betty's for a Mocha... and maybe a teacake... Hope you enjoy your weekend my friend. Hugs to you, Vxx

Tracy said...

Happy Spring, Marie! At last the season has turned...But here the snow is still melting and it's chilly--LOL! Still the promise of spring warms the spirit! I miss the song of robins, as we don't have them here in Norway. So trips home to the USA I love to hear all the birdsong I remember. Harrogate is a place I'd love to see---I hope we can get more north next time we travel to the UK! A very busy weekend here. I was so glad to get your email. Having problems with my email today, so I will write you tomorrow. Hope you & Paul are having a great weekend :o) ((HUGS))

louise said...

The robin in my garden gives me the runaround every time I try to get a photo of him/her! x