Tuesday, 31 March 2009

In The Clouds


It is quite some time since I last picked up my coastal cross-stitch and so I welcomed the opportunity to spend some time working on it this weekend.

Unfortunately, I had read the chart incorrectly and discovered that I had used crosses instead of half-crosses on all the clouds that I had previously worked. This is the drawback of working a piece without a picture of the end result. Being the perfectionist that I am and wanting to produce that two-tone cloud effect; the whole lot was unpicked. I must admit that I am getting a little tired of blue, so hope to start on a different colour soon.

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Hello, just popping by to say thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your kind comment - I love lighthouses and I like the colours in your coastal cross-stitch:)

Tracy said...

I don't know, Marie, I think it looks beautiful! The whole design is looking lovely. It's a funny thing with cross stitch though--always wanting to get on to the next color! ;o) Glad you had a little time for some stitching. I owe you a note...Very busy day here, so hope to write you tomorrow. Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Heidi said...

Wow! I think this is really a beauty! It is fun to 'watch' your progress Marie. I am sorry you had to pick out the stitching. I can understand your wanting it done right. I sometimes pick things out and other times just let it go. It depends on how much it will effect the look when finished. This is going to be just wonderful when you have it finished.

Hugs ~
Heidi

louise said...

I'm a perfectionist too. Maybe this is why I haven't ever attempted to cross-stitch! x