Saturday, 10 January 2009

On A Cold And Frosty Morning

We have exchanged the recent snow for bitter cold. Today is -12 C with a wind chill of -18 C. Yesterday was even colder when the wind chill hit -20 C. On days like these, it takes a lot of motivation to venture outdoors.

Well, I have finally caught up with the laundry after five loads. There is an enormous pile of ironing awaiting my attention and all the housework. What a pleasant change to enjoy a day off!

Seriously, these night shifts are killing me and wrecking my immune system. I feel about ten years older and when I made the effort to go to my aquafit class on Thursday, I couldn't keep up with the instructor. Not so many weeks ago, I was doing extra repetitions whilst waiting for the rest of the class to catch up.

Speaking of motivation, I have to get bundled up to go outdoors ~ yes, we have run out of milk! Enjoy your weekend.

5 comments:

Sal said...

Believe it or not, we had very very low temperatures this week.It was -12 in some parts...so I stayed indoors ;-)

louise said...

It has been bitterly cold here today, a very heavy frost but no snow. I have used the time indoors to sort through unwanted belongings for charity. We are yet to have a good covering of snow like in your photo. x

Flossie and Tom said...

I was feeling sorry for myself because it was still -1c at 11.00am - at least your ironing will warm you up - I'm trying to put a positive spin on it !!!
Love

Sara
X

Priscilla said...

Oh my goodness, That is cold!! I think I would stay indoors too! ha,ha The photo is lovely though...

Priscilla x

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oh my goodness, I do love snow and that photo looks beautiful but the temp! Eeek, we were -6 last week and I hate to go out in that!!!
Oh nights shifts how horrible for you, you take care of yourself and keep warm.
Love
Alison
x