Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Friendship Warms The Heart On A Day Of Bitter Cold


Yes, another award arrived today! I am honoured to receive the Your Blog Is Fabulous Award from Priscilla at Priscilla's Cottage ~ Thank You Priscilla. Your friendship means a lot to me and I am glad to have met you in blogland.

This news was just what I needed on a day of extreme cold weather here. Now I don't want to turn this into a weather blog, but I thought you might be interested to know that when I came home from work (by train) this morning; the temperature was -21 C and the wind chill -30 C. I felt half frozen by the time I had walked to and from the station and there were warnings that exposed skin would freeze in 30 minutes. You certainly couldn't see much more of me than my eyes!

For this award, I have to list five addictions, so here goes:

Tea ~ which has to be at the top of my list. I can't get through the day (or night, when I'm working) without a cup of tea. My favourite has to be Taylor's English Breakfast Tea, but it can be difficult to obtain here at times, so I have to make do with something else much of the time.

Chocolate ~ need I say more?

The Archers ~ I never used to listen before I had access to internet radio, but now I hate to miss my Sunday omnibus edition on Radio 4. I just discovered when pasting this link that there is a website for Archers addicts!

Warmth ~ does this count? I hate to be cold and I have even been known to take a sweater with me when going out in the height of summer.

Reading ~ I can't imagine life without a good book.

I believe that I only have to tag one person for this award, so I am nominating Tracy at Pink Purl. I always enjoy a visit to Tracy's blog as it is so warm and welcoming.

4 comments:

Primrose Corner said...

I'm shivering having read that. Brrrrrh! that sounds dreadful. Congratulations on the award. Those are good addictions. I understand them all... well maybe not the Archers I never did get into that one. Stay warm... Jx

Lynda ~ Among the Hedgerows said...

Hi Marie! Isn't it cold out there??? oh my gosh! I'm already tired of winter!

Congratulations on your awards! Next to tea, I think I'd share warmth with you!

Hope things are going well with you ... I owe you an email and promise to be in touch soon!

I'm having a giveaway on my blog so if you get time, please stop by.

Stay warm!

xo,
Lynda

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Marie!

Congratulations on being honored with another lovely award. Chocolate I must say would surely be on my addictive list!:o) Sounds like it is freezing where you are! Winter although beautiful can be pretty challenging for so many of you living in what I call the "freeze zones". :o) Keep warm and eat lots of chocolate!:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

Tracy said...

Congrats on the award, Marie...I think you & your blog are FAB! :o) Thanks so much for sharing this along with me too. And such fun with your five here...I'm with you on all of them--very great addictions to have! ;o) It's cold here too...Snow expected for the weekend. We'll be cozy in. Keep warm, and hope you'll not have to work the weekend! ((HUGS))