Sunday, 11 January 2009

Dawn's Early Light

I opened the blinds this morning to the most beautiful dawn light. As the temperatures were well below zero, I wasn't feeling brave enough to venture outdoors, so I took some photographs through the glass, which explains the slight blurring in places.


There is something quite magical about winter sunlight: it is quite unlike the light at any other time of the year.

The sunlight shone pink on the snow and I stood and gazed outdoors, entranced by the scene.

3 comments:

Sal said...

I'd be entranced too..simply beautiful ;-)

Flossie and Tom said...

Its so beautiful - I love the snow - its just raining and dark and miserable here.

Sara
XX

Primrose Corner said...

That light really adds something beautiful. I envy you the scene but I don't envy you the temperatures. I think nature intended me to hibernate. I'm just too woried I'd miss something.... :) Stay warm!