Saturday, 27 December 2008

Silent Night


Christmas was a very peaceful and relaxing time, which was just what we needed. We were late getting our tree, which did not arrive until the afternoon of Christmas Eve. Usually, the tree is up and decorated well in advance of the holiday.

Attempts to get out for some exercise were thwarted due to inclement winter weather. After all that snow, we had a sudden thaw, followed by a freeze and now rain; making conditions extremely slippery. I did manage to get out today to take some (indoor) exercise in the form of shopping, but I almost fell on my way home when I slipped on the ice. It is such a mild day that I have been able to throw open the windows and get some fresh air indoors, but any further attempts at going for a walk are going to have to wait until conditions improve.

Tomorrow, I return to work and as I work four nights next week (including New Year's Eve and the night of New Year's Day), I will not be around very much, so I will take this opportunity to wish you a safe and happy New Year. I hope that those of you who are fortunate enough to continue your Christmas break are enjoying the time with your families.

5 comments:

Sal said...

Glad you had a peaceful time. Nice to get to know you this year...hope work goes well ;-)

Flossie and Tom said...

Hi Marie,
Thanks for your gift, it arrived Christmas Eve and took pride of place on the Christmas Tree. It smells beautiful - I was so excited receiving a parcel.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year .

Sara
XX

Heidi said...

Glad to hear you had a peaceful Christmas. We did here too. I cannot believe the weather you have had lately. I am glad you did not hurt yourself when you slipped. Be careful outside! Sorry to hear that you have to work on New Year's. It is the part of the holiday I do not like. There are fireworks going off constantly now here in Holland. So many animals are distraught and people worry about kids destroying things by throwing fireworks. I just want this week to be overwith. Have a safe New Year's Marie and may 2009 bring you much joy!

Hugs ~
Heidi

Casarth-Bären said...

I have found your side today and find her beautiful. I have included list you in my blog. Would please me if you also take me?
I wish you and your family a Happy New Year. Ines and the Casarthbaeren

Tracy said...

What snow...and what Christmas cheer! So great to finally catch up with you here, Marie, and to know you've been having a lovely, peaceful holiday! :o)All of you Christmas decorating and cake looks marvelous! But what a pity you must work the New Year...It will be a quiet ringing in of 2009 here as we are still getting over jet lag from our Christmas trip away. So glad to come back to notes from you and birthday wishes--thank you, my friend. Wishing love and much joy in the new year! ((HUGS))