Monday, 8 December 2008

Seasonal Affective Disorder

There is something about this season that can best be described as Seasonal Affective Disorder. No, I'm not talking about the kind which is considered to be the winter blues; although I'm certain that I have this type during the dark months of the year: I'm talking about the mad frenzy of activity involving cleaning everything in sight!

It strikes without warning every year ~ normally around the end of November/early December. I suddenly remember just how little time I have to get organized for Christmas and I start ripping cupboards apart and emptying bookshelves.

I decided today that enough is enough and I'm not cleaning anything ~ once I put my cleaning tools away after cleaning the bathroom! I have the sewing machine set up after rushing to finish those Christmas gifts that were started in October (I spent yesterday afternoon making three more drawstring bags) and I'm going to start some Christmas projects of my own.

First though, I am going to make a cup of tea and indulge in one or two of those delicious Danish Butter Cookies whilst watching the snow falling outside. At least I managed to grab a photo yesterday while the tin was still full ~ it doesn't look like that now!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Yes, put down the cleaning, and hibernate a little longer! :o) This time gets so crazy...if we let it--LOL! We had a slow weekend here--no shopping centers, no cleaning, no fuss...just pure slow and quiet. A little rest, a little treat, does a body good...Like those scrummy cookies! Are there any left? ;o) Happy week, my friend...relax, rejuvenate... ((HUGS))

the flour loft said...

i know what you mean about wanting to prepare the house for the festive season. Happy sewing and enjoy your tea!
ginny xxx

Lynda ~ Among the Hedgerows said...

I know that cleaning feeling well! That was me a couple of weeks ago. Thank goodness it's behind me but I like your tactic better!
xo,
Lynda

Priscilla said...

I am feeling your words...It is funny how christmas brings about a mad cleaning spree! Yes, put down the tools, have a cup of cocoa and enjoy the festive season... I have told myself light cleaning, which I am starting tomorow as I put my tree up! ha,ha

Merry Christmas
Priscilla x

Heidi said...

A girl needs to have a little fun even if she should be working right?! And I can imagine that the tin looks very different. They sell those Danish butter cookies here too and I don't buy them often as they are not ones a girl can resist with her cups of tea. :) It is fun catching up with you. Life is too busy since I am behind on decorating and quilt group preperations. I just cannot find as much time to visit blogs as I would like.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Tea Time and Roses said...

I know what you mean, but I see to it that I take plenty of tea breaks!!:o) Put the cleaning aside and just plain take it easy my friend!:o) Congratulations on your 150th post!

Smiles...

Beverly