Saturday, 13 December 2008

Magic Slippers

I am embarrassed to admit how long it took me to finish these little gems. I knitted them about three weeks ago and they waited forlornly for me to stitch them together and buy the buttons. I even went to the store to buy buttons and came back without them!

My dear friend Tracy at Pink Purl kindly shared some of her stock of yarn with me and gave me this pretty pink. I thought that the pearly buttons would be a lovely finishing touch. The photos are not great because once again, I had to use the flash on a dull day, but I wanted to share them with you, as they are winging their way home to the U.K. today.

I hope that my little niece Katy will love them ~ I am certain that big sister Jessica will be eyeing them, as pink is her favourite colour! I wonder if she clicks her heels together, whether she could be here with me for Christmas?

Postscript: if you are reading this, don't forget to visit here to enter my giveaway.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

They are wonderful, Marie! Oh, they turned out so cute...love the pearly buttons--what a perfect touch! So glad you could make use of some of my bounty of yarn. :o) They do look like magic slipper...Katy will have happy feet with these! So glad you shared your knitting with us. Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Lynda ~ Among the Hedgerows said...

These are the cutest little slippers, Marie! I'm sure your little niece will love them!
xo,
Lynda

Sal said...

I love them! So beautifully made ;-)

Heidi said...

Ah! These are so sweet and I am positive they will be truly loved by little Katy.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Tea Time and Roses said...

Marie the little shoes are so cute! Although I do not have a baby girl I could give them to right now, they would be sweet to knit just in case! :o) I just know they will be loved, and the pearl button adds the perfect finishing touch! So sweet of Tracy to share her yarn with you!

Smiles...

Beverly