Wednesday, 24 December 2008

Christmas Eve

One of the joys of Christmas Eve is listening to A Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols whilst busy in the kitchen icing the Christmas cake and doing a bit of last-minute baking.

The service has just finished and I have iced and decorated our Christmas cake. Time for a cup of tea and then I will start on the baking and preparing the vegetables in advance of our Christmas dinner.

I went for a walk this morning and the snow is deep and crisp, though not very even. We have about 50-60 cm of lying snow now and walking is extremely difficult after last night's fresh snowfall. I came back wet and cold, but with glowing cheeks.

I wish all of you and your families a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy the season and keep warm!

4 comments:

Priscilla said...

Merry Christmas Marie! What a pretty cake, it sounds like you are having a wonderful christmas eve, I am also finishing the last min things, and relaxing with with Christmas tv! Wishing you and your family a happy christmas

Priscilla x

jamjar said...

Merry Christmas from a little town near Holmfirth.
Joy : )

Sal said...

Happy Christmas.I listened to the Carols too...whilst baking!
Have a lovely time ;-)

Britt-Arnhild said...

What a beautiful Christmas cake :-)

Happy celebrations.