Saturday, 22 November 2008

First Snow

This was the scene that greeted us yesterday morning as we prepared to go to Mississauga for my show. I have to admit that I am like a child when I see the snow, although I prefer to be able to admire it for a few minutes before retreating indoors to the warmth! I'm not a fan of travelling in such conditions.


These photographs were taken in the garden and certainly give the impression of a significant snowfall, although there was only about 8 cm.

This is the house across the street from us. Isn't it gorgeous?


The fir trees look like they have been frosted and should be on top of a Christmas cake.

And I love the contrast between the red of the branches and the snow on this shrub.


6 comments:

. said...

So beautiful. Pitty we have't snow here.

Alfazema

Isobel said...

I just adore snow. We are supposed to had a cold snap this weekend and it might snow at some places but not here. :(
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
x

Tracy said...

Soooo pretty, Marie...The very first snow of the season is most magical. ENJOY! Happy weekend, my friend ((HUGS))

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Hello Marie.....
What wonderful winter wonderland scenes you show us! I was thinking about you when I read the world weather reports and saw that you had snow in Toronto. It is forecast to fall in Scotland and the north east counties this weekend..... in Wales it is simply overcast, cold and windy. Like you, I prefer not to travel in snowy conditions. Hope you had a good show and keep warm. Marion

Sal said...

It is so pretty!
They say that Britain is about to get some very cold weather,although I live in the south west and we rarely do..we shall see!!
Lovely pics! ;-)

Heidi said...

The fir trees are like a picture postcard! We had our first snow this weekend. It has been fun to watch the snowflakes fall.

Hugs ~
Heidi