Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Cold Comfort


I can hardly believe that I am sick for the second time in a month. By the early hours of yesterday morning I was fighting to stay awake and feeling like taking to my bed, but I couldn't because I was at work. I was so congested that I had taken a NeoCitran (hot lemon) around 4 a.m. which was a big mistake because it almost knocked me out. I was sitting there and every few minutes I would be jolted awake when my head nodded.

There is something about shift work ~ I am certain that it affects my immunity, which is hardly surprising because I don't get sufficient sleep working these unsocial hours.

So I have decided to be kind to myself ~ keeping warm in my flannel pyjamas and staying indoors avoiding the cold weather. As I am so close to completing the NaBloPoMo challenge, I am going to continue my daily posts, but it may be a few days before I manage to visit my blog friends.

5 comments:

Sal said...

Here's hoping that you get better very soon ;-)

Tracy said...

Yes, Marie, do be kind to yourself...rest, and be taking good care. I do hope you will be feeling much better very soon. Sending rejuvenating, healing thoughts your way! :o) ((BIG HUGS))

staci said...

Hope you are better soon, {{hugs}}

carolyn said...

Oh you poor thing. I was only telling my teenage son this morning, he also has a cold, that sleeping during the day compromises the immune system because you just don't get enough REM sleep. When I was a teenager we were always told that an hour before midnight was better than 2 after, at the time I thought it twaddle but these days I'm not so sure. So much truth in those old sayings.
Take care and take lots of vitamin c.

Heidi said...

Get well soon Marie! I have had a cold and sinus infection for over a month and it is no fun. Take good care of yourself and staying in your pajamas sound like a great way to do just that. I am off to bed as I am not feeling well either but I am having an attack because of my chronic illness and having spent a fun but tiring day out with a friend.

Hugs ~
Heidi